Gallery
 
First Southern Baptist Church began as a Mission Chapel sponsored by the First Baptist Church of Burden, KS and was originally called Immanuel Baptist Chapel.  June 20, 1954 Immanuel Baptist Chapel became the 100th church to be organized in the state of Kansas.
 
R.H. Maultsby accepted the call to serve as Pastor to the 25 charter members and all the congregation met in his home.
 

The church moved their services to the old junior high school until Mr. O’Brien gave the land, where the church now stands to the congregation in 1955.  In 1957, the church became First Southern Baptist Church.  An addition was built in 1979 and an elevator was added in 1997.

A list of former pastors can be found here.